- Spring Clean Up — Wednesday, May 31, 2017, starting @ 6 am
- Fall Clean Up — Wednesday, October 11, 2017, starting @ 6 am
Acceptable clean-up waste
- Bagged waste must be in clear bags.
- Everything must be securely boxed, bagged or bundled.
- Each box, bag or bundle cannot exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) and 1.2 m (4′) × 0.6 m (2′) × 0.6 m (2′)
- Clean up cannot exceed 45 kg (100 lbs) of boxed, bagged or bundled waste per household, not including your 3 large items (fridge, stove, freezer, dishwasher, wall oven, microwave, humidifier, dehumidifier, heat pump, water pump, TVs, water heater, washer, dryer, couch, chair, mattress, box spring, dresser, car tire off rim.
You must follow these rules closely. Only 3 large cleanup items and 45 kg (100 lbs) of boxed, bagged or bundled clean-up waste will be accepted.
Unacceptable clean-up waste
- Anything not properly boxed, bagged or bundled.
- Anything exceeding the prescribed size dimensions.
- No feces, urine or dead animals.
- No items which at any time contained petroleum products: furnaces, stoves, lawn mowers, gas trimmers, motorized vehicles such as cars, snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles or any part of such vehicle.
- No rocks, ashes, sand or gravel.
- No hazardous waste: All fluorescent light bulbs/ballasts with PCBs, aerosol cans (with contents), acids, adhesives, auto body products, batteries (small or large), bleach, butane cartridges, car care products, chemicals, cleaning products, diesel fuel, driveway sealant, ethanol, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, floor polish/wax, gasoline, glue, herbicide, insecticide, kerosene, lighters (with contents), mercury (i.e., thermometers), motor oil/filters, oven cleaner, paint, pesticides, pool chemicals, propane cylinders, propane tanks, sharp blades, solvents, stains, varnishes, biomedical waste (syringes, needles) or radioactive waste.
Household Hazardous Waste Days
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- The Hazardous Waste truck will be stationed at 77 East Main St. (MT Bottles) from 2:00–7:00 pm.
- Only hazardous waste will be accepted.